NCCEAPA – West District 4-H Special Activity Scholarship Procedures
El inglés es el idioma de control de esta página. En la medida en que haya algún conflicto entre la traducción al inglés y la traducción, el inglés prevalece.
Al hacer clic en el enlace de traducción se activa un servicio de traducción gratuito para convertir la página al español. Al igual que con cualquier traducción por Internet, la conversión no es sensible al contexto y puede que no traduzca el texto en su significado original. NC State Extension no garantiza la exactitud del texto traducido. Por favor, tenga en cuenta que algunas aplicaciones y/o servicios pueden no funcionar como se espera cuando se traducen.
English is the controlling language of this page. To the extent there is any conflict between the English text and the translation, English controls.
Clicking on the translation link activates a free translation service to convert the page to Spanish. As with any Internet translation, the conversion is not context-sensitive and may not translate the text to its original meaning. NC State Extension does not guarantee the accuracy of the translated text. Please note that some applications and/or services may not function as expected when translated.Collapse ▲
- The amount of the scholarship will be up to $250 per year. The amount will depend on the NCCEAPA– West District’s budget. The amount to be awarded will be voted on and presented at the spring meeting in the year of the award.
- Scholarship should be to any deserving youth, with 4-H members receiving preference. It may be used at the designated county’s discretion for an individual child or split among several children.
- The scholarship may be used for any 4-H activity such as camp, 4-H summer programs, any 4-H district or state activity (Congress, Teen Retreat, State Council Conference, etc.), or any combination of 4-H activities.
- The 4-H Support Staff and the 4-H agent from the designated county will choose the recipient(s) by whatever method they choose. In the event that there are several good possibilities, the support staff will make the final decision.
- Any youth age 5-18 is eligible.
The county designated to receive the scholarship will rotate as follows
· Jackson Not given, no active member
· Henderson 2020 given spring 2021
· Haywood 2021 given spring 2021
· Graham No active member
· EBCI No active member
· Cleveland No active member
· Clay Given spring 2022
· Cherokee 2023
· Caldwell 2024
·Polk 2015 awarded $250
Mitchell 2016 awarded $250
McDowell not given, no active member from McDowell
Madison 2018 awarded $250 May 2019
Macon 2019 awarded $250 May 2019
ONLY COUNTIES WITH PAID AND ACTIVE MEMBERS IN THE ASSOCIATION WILL BE ELIGIBLE – SUPPORT STAFF MUST HAVE ATTENDED EITHER THE PREVIOUS FALL MEETING OR THE CURRENT SPRING MEETING FOR THEIR COUNTY TO RECEIVE THE SCHOLARSHIP FUNDS.
- The county due to receive the scholarship will be notified by the district president by the spring meeting in the year prior to the scholarship award. If the designated county to receive the scholarship does not qualify for the scholarship, the next qualified county in the rotation will be awarded that year’s scholarship and the rotation will be updated. If a county does not qualify for the scholarship they simply advance in the rotation as if they did receive the funds. We will not skip over counties.
- The county awarded the scholarship will present a report to the membership at the fall meeting. The report should explain how the funds were used.
Updated: August 7, 2015