NCCEAPA-NED Working Papers – 1st Vice President
The NCCEAPA website. This site has a lot of information about the association and will be a valuable tool for your use!
- Become VERY familiar with the NCCEAPA Handbook and deadlines as well as the district procedures and district officer working papers.
- The NCCEAPA district 1st VP provides backup support for the President as necessary. Assist with any duties assigned by the President with the approval of the Executive Board.
- Preside in the absence of the President. In the event of a vacancy in the office of President, the 1st VP will become President and assume the duties of the office for the unexpired term.
- Be prepared to give the Thought for the Day at all meetings.
FEBRUARY – MARCH – APRIL
- Because the State 1st VP coordinates the NCCEAPA Distinguished Service Awards, be prepared to help judge these nominations. Be on the lookout for an e-mail from the State 1st VP.
APRIL – AUGUST
- One of the duties of the 1st VP is to secure the out-going President’s recognition item. The budget for this is in the current fiscal year budget that was passed at the annual meeting. It normally ranges around $60 which includes whatever you decide. You will present this gift to the out-going President at the fall district meeting (when the president changes to advisor).
AUGUST – SEPTEMBER
- As incoming President, you were installed in the spring to take office October 1. Our association fiscal year is October 1 through September 30. The state President will need to establish committees as soon as possible after taking office, so start thinking about your district committees and who would be a good fit as committee chair for each committee. We all have strengths so take the opportunity to use those strengths to help grow the association.
- Thought for the Day for all meetings.
- Prepare and present reports as requested by President.